~ CRETE – VAMOS ~
- Visit local bakeries and shop for recipe ingredients.
- Experience authentic village life in the area of Crete island.
- Travel through stories that link food, culture, philosophy, and music.
- Create traditional Cretan recipes as they have been passed down through generations.
~ SANTORINI – PETRA KOUZINA ~
- Traditional Greek cuisine in a modern and homely environment.
- One of the most unique destinations on the planet.
- Enjoy local mezedes while you explore the secrets of Greek cuisine.
- Dine at the terrace with Santorini vineyards as your view.
- Bring home your recipe book with all the secrets you have learnt.
WHY IS GREEK CUISINE WORTH EXPLORING?
Greece could very well be defined as a primary culinary destination for the lovers of food.
Fresh ingredients, an amazing variety of indigenous herbs and spices, centuries of culinary secrets transferred from mother to daughter and the mysterious effect of the Mediterranean sun and air on the local fruits and vegetables, all compose a symphony of tantalizing tastes and recipes waiting to be discovered by you.
The immense nutritional value of the Mediterranean cuisine is nowadays widely recognized throughout the world. Putting that aside, the truth is that Greek food is simply delicious. Sauces like tzatziki and dishes like mousaka are quite famous yet they are only a drop in the ocean of Greek culinary tradition, and every region boasts of at least one or two unique recipes, the origins of which are lost deep in time.
To really understand Greek cuisine you must open up all your senses to the culinary challenge ahead of you. You cook not only with your hands but with your whole body.
Leave your diets behind and test your dining limits with local dishes unique to each place.
Experience firsthand the benefits of the healthy Mediterranean diet and surprise your palate with wines made the old way ideally combined with over 70 different types of Greek cheese including, but not limited to, the world famous feta cheese made with different recipes throughout Greece.
Whatever area you happen to be visiting while in Greece, is guaranteed to offer a unique perspective on how to use local ingredients, introduce interesting new combinations and the knowledge that is passed down through generations of cooking.
The cooking classes might even include participating in seasonal activities like picking grapes or olives, bringing you one step closer to nature!
If you are interested in experiencing Greek cooking classes and appreciating the secrets of Greek cuisine check out our suggestions below or get in contact with us.