The Land Of Heroes: The Peloponnese
Walk in the land of mythical heroes and gods. See and feel the skeletons of ancient history where Spartans and Mycenaeans clashed, shaping the legends of Greek lore.
On this premium tour to Southern Greece, we will visit the ancient palaces of renowned Kings, whose history Homer immortalized in the Iliad and walk on the birthplace of the Olympic Games. On the coastlines of the Peloponnese, mighty castles still stand withstanding not only the countless attacks from Pirates of the Aegean but, more importantly, the weathering effect of time.
Our central location will be Peloponnese, home to the brave warriors of Sparta and the majestic castle towns of Monemvasia and Mani. We will also explore the beauty of Kythira island at the south-eastern tip of the peninsula.
We call this “Trilogy” and here is the third part of it.
10 Day Trip – 8 Destinations
We Travel In Groups
Dates Available Below
- Crossing the man-made Corinth canal, you will gain a bird’s eye view of this engineering marvel which has literally transformed the former Peloponnese peninsula into yet another amazing Greek ‘island’. The history of this region is one of the legendary myths of the past. Here, Byzantines, Venetians, Ottomans, and pirates left their marks in stone and history throughout its now charming towns and villages.
- One of these small cities is the quiet and quaint town of Nafplio which was once the capital of all Greece bearing witness to the historic importance of the Peloponnese.
- Epidaurus. In this peaceful valley of the Peloponnese lies the sanctuary of Asclepius, the god protector of human health and happiness. We will also visit the archaeological site of Mycenae which is included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List. The unique architecture and design of this ancient city had a profound effect on ancient Greek architecture. This is also the place of origin of the Homeric epics: the Iliad, and the Odyssey.
- From there we will head southwest to the renowned ancient city of Olympia. Many masterpieces of the ancient Greek world are concentrated at this site. One of the most famous of which is without a doubt the Olympic Games!
- We will traverse the region which is home to perhaps the most well-known olive oil in the world, and we will experience the harsh landscape of Mani, the only place in Greece that remained untamed throughout its long history of conquerors and invaders. The houses here were traditionally built like castles, clustered together in complexes for safety. Today, stone arches and Byzantine ruins are found next to inhabited homes with rose gardens and fruit trees. An incredible mosaic of past and present coming together and ready to be explored.
- Behind medieval walls rests a well-guarded Byzantine castle city, Monemvasia which is complete with churches, majestic mansions and picturesque streets, making you feel that you have literally travelled back in time.
- The trip would not be complete unless it includes one of our many beautiful islands. We will visit Kythira a tiny little spot of land off the coast of the Peloponnese blessed with natural beauty that matches that of the goddess Aphrodite, who legend says was born on the island. Kythira offers enchanting and secluded beaches, Meditteranean cuisine and the mystique of pirate ships and tales of treasure hunts. The perfect ending to any trip!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is this a private or a group tour?
Private tours are available for any of our group packages. Ιf you are travelling solo, with your partner or with a small group of friends you can either join one of our tour group options or contact us to discuss how we can design this trip for your private group.
What are the dates for the Land Of Heroes: The Peloponnese?
The dates for this premium tour to Southern Greece are: 15 June-24 June.
However, if you are interested in any other dates for a similar group tour please contact us and we will seek to accommodate you as best we can.
Is this an all-inclusive trip?
The tour cost includes all accommodation, all tour transportation costs from the point of arrival to the point of departure (including domestic flights and ferry tickets); also meals are included (breakfast, lunch and dinner with the exception of 3 dinners specified in the itinerary); and finally, all guided tours and museum tickets.
Not included in the price are extra drinks, travel insurance, tips, gifts and personal expenses in general. However, please note that you are responsible for arranging your international flight to Athens which will be our starting destination for this trip. Your international flight must arrive one day prior to the first day of the tour.
Airport to hotel transfer and accommodation for the first night are included in the tour itinerary.
I have more questions, how will I contact you?
Great! Please follow this link so we can arrange a suitable time for a Skype or Facetime chat.